SWAG 4|Excel Showdown

BYU Student Author: @Benjamin_Lau, @Dallin_Gardner, @Carter_Lee
Estimated Time to Solve: 5 Minutes

We provide the solution to this challenge using:

• Excel

Need a program? Click here.

Overview
You received a dataset from a start-up real estate company based in Utah County. The dataset provided by the real estate startup includes property specifics like city, price, and address. Your goal is to use your magnificent Excel skills to uncover interesting facts about recent transactions.

Prizes
The Top 3 fastest people will win Amazon gift cards – 1st gets $50, 2nd gets $30, and 3rd gets $20. Make sure you upload your solution file and a screenshot of the time on the SWAG 4 post on TechHub.training. Tell the TechHub crew your name and time. (For in-person attendees only)

Instructions
Before you start, make sure to read through the dataset and instructions. Set up the timer as instructed when you are ready.

1. Fill in the CityCode and City columns for each transaction. CityCode is the character before the dash. The table for city names is provided on this sheet.

2. Find the property with the highest price. List the city, price, and address for that property.

Data Files

Suggestions and Hints
  • Consider using LEFT, XLOOKUP, and MAX functions

Solution

The solution will be posted after the challenge takes place.

Lydia King Gibby, 3:45
SWAG4_Excel Showdown.xlsx (19.2 KB)

SWAG4_Excel Showdown.xlsx (17.7 KB)
13 minutes 45 seconds

SWAG4_Excel Showdown.xlsx (17.3 KB)
4 minutes 48 seconds

Colton Excel.xlsx (18.3 KB)

12.14 minutes

1 Like

SWAG4_Excel Showdown.xlsx (18.8 KB)

1 Like

SWAG4_Excel Showdown.xlsx (17.8 KB)
1.43 minutes

1 Like

2.72 minutes

1.81 mins for the challenge

SWAG4_Excel Showdown.xlsx (17.8 KB)
Great challenge! It was a lot of fun to time a challenge like this and to use basic functions in a fun way.

Gassaway_SWAG4.xlsx (17.8 KB)
Fabulous challenge, Ben!!

SWAG4_Excel ShowdownKatie.xlsx (17.7 KB)
Awesome Challenge!

SWAG4_Excel Showdown.xlsx (17.7 KB)

SWAG4_Excel Showdown.xlsx (17.3 KB)
8 minutes

1 Like

Time to complete: 25
Rating: Beginner
This was a cool experiment. For most, this will only take between 5-15 minutes. It took me a little longer because I needed to look up the Xlookup function to know how to use it. I liked this experience, it helped me to learn some excel tricks!

Time: 20 minutes
Diffifulty: Beginner
I think the website was harder to navigate than the excel problem. If you have taken IS 110 then this should be pretty straightforward.

SWAG4_Excel Showdown (1).xlsx (18.9 KB)

6 minutes, fun challenge!

SWAG4_Excel Showdown.xlsx (19.0 KB)